Linke's Bakehouse & Pantry has been family owned & operated since 1938 when Jack Linke, age 37, took on the baking business. Jack & his wife Hilda built up their business & steered it through the constant shortages of baking needs throughout World War II.
1962 saw the business pass onto Jack's third son, Brian, who together with his wife Janice, continued on the family tradition. The 60's & 70's saw the business flourish & in the 80's Brian and Janice made the decision to move out of their Murray Street home to expand the bakery & offer dine in seating.
The third generation of the Linke family, Sharon, Christopher & his wife Tamra began working in the business from 1985 & continue to serve the local community & visitors today.